KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Export PDF package in Laravel always printing blank page. #679

Open Marco Arredondo opened this topic on on Feb 14, 2019 - 1 comments

Marco Arredondo commented on Feb 14, 2019

Hi I'm trying to export to PDF using the export package in a Laravel project but I only have blank page. I've seen a lot of posts in the forum with the same problem but without a solution.

Does anyone succeeded to setup export package using Laravel?

Koolreport support, do you have a Laravel project working with the export package that we can see and follow the structure?

Thank you.

KoolReport commented on Feb 14, 2019

Does our Exporting example work at your site?

This example: How to export report to PDF

You may find the example in our examples suite.

The problem is not because of Laravel. It is because of PhantomJS installation, please make sure:

1. You download the correct version of phantomjs. In our installation guide page for Export package, the phantomjs is for 64bit. Please check if your system is 64 bit.
  2. Please make sure the phantomjs execution file is set permission to run 755 is good choice.
  3. Some system need PhantomJs to be install using command line ( not just by copying the file like we shown, although all most all of the time, this way works). You may read the guide here
  4. Some use shared hosting so he will need admin to install phantomjs for them.

Above is the most solutions by our experience of supporting our users to get phantomjs installed.

As we see that people may find the installation of headless browser difficult, we have made a solution called CloudExport that you may use to export your report. May be it will be easier solution.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

Export