KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Table: Repeated group's top and bottom with paging #632

Open Eugene opened this topic on on Jan 29, 2019 - 4 comments

Eugene commented on Jan 29, 2019
  1. Why is the bottom group row shown at the and of the page (i use pages) and the top in the beginning of the next page even it is not the end of the group. I mean that my report looks like this

so at the end of the first page i have the additional bottom and at the top of the next page - the additional top. So they are in the middle of the group it could be confused for users. Is it possible to hide it or to avoid splitting the group on the page?

KoolReport commented on Jan 29, 2019

But what if there are many items under Product 2, there is no point in pagination.

Yes in this case if the list is long - there is no choice (or better to have the possibility to control it - show full group on one page or split). But even in this case it is a bit strange to show bottom in the middle of the list. How can user understand that it is not the end of the Product 2 group?

KoolReport commented on Jan 29, 2019

We will think of that. May be an indicator showing that some more items are left in the next page.

Thanks. I still think it is better to have control under this process - show the group row or not and split the group or not - but the indicator is better than nothing. :-)

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
suggestion

None