KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Install packages using composer #238

Open Artem opened this topic on on Apr 3, 2018 - 15 comments

Artem commented on Apr 3, 2018

Why there is no possibility to install packages using composer ?

KoolReport commented on Apr 5, 2018

Hi Artem,

Thank you for your good question. It is because of following reasons:

1. Download and copying to packages folder are very simple and require no other actions to make package work. By copying packages into "packages" folder, KoolReport is automatically recognize the package.
  2. Some packages are free but some are not and package installed through composer should be public. Possible solution: Use the private packagist solution which we are exploring. However it incurs extra cost and we feel it is rather complex compared to just downloading the zip file.

Hope that my answer helps.

Best regards,

KoolPHP Inc

Artem commented on Apr 5, 2018

Thanks for your reply. But how do I update the package, download the archive and unzip it ?

KoolReport commented on Apr 5, 2018

That's the pain point ... for now! We will find solution for this so that with 1 command KoolReport and all packages can be updated.

Cord commented on Jan 23, 2019

check out how to provide commercial packages through composer:

https://nova.laravel.com/docs/1.0/installation.html#installing-nova-via-composer

Murilo ZIlli commented on Jan 24, 2019

This feature would be awesome, because developers wouldn't need to put the packages into versioning repository(git) and would only version the composer.json file how it is supposed to be.

Cord commented on Jan 24, 2019

We will find solution for this so that with 1 command KoolReport and all packages can be updated.

that would be

composer update

From my point of view it would be ok to have an entry in composer.json for each package.

KoolReport commented on Jan 24, 2019

Agree!

Leho Kraav commented on Feb 13, 2019

Bumping this thread.

Download and copying to packages folder are very simple and require no other actions to make package work. By copying packages into "packages" folder, KoolReport is automatically recognize the package.

This rationale doesn't really fly for serious product reliability, because you introduce human mistake factors into workflow, where there should be none. Everybody looks for "fully automated" or looks around at competitors.

Did https://github.com/Rarst/release-belt not end up working out? I mean it could be a lot better than nothing, to start.

Leho Kraav commented on Mar 19, 2019

https://deliciousbrains.com/improved-authentication-composer-support/ today's fresh news from the field. Maybe helpful to you guys?

KoolReport commented on Mar 19, 2019

Thank you very much!

paulo commented on Apr 8, 2019

Yes, it will be nice to have this all automated. I use Forge to deploy my code into production, so normally, I will never touch the vendor folder from prod server. I never even uploaded anything there. I will need to see how I can do that from the source code current using Bitbucket. Do you have any suggestion? thanks

paulo commented on Apr 17, 2019

Hi,

is there any resolution for this ? How can it be deployed using Laravel Forge ? I am trying to deploy this to production and dev servers. Currently, using Bitbucket as source control. Forge pulls from bitbucket and deploys into production automatically, running a composer update, database refresh etc. thanks

KoolReport commented on Apr 17, 2019

One solution is that you create private package (repository) to hold the koolreport pro and use composer to load it. Of course it is temporary solution but it should work for now. Currently we are working on solution for this. This will come in near future that you will install all packages through composer.

Leho Kraav commented on Apr 17, 2019

Excellent news.

paulo commented on Apr 17, 2019

Thank you. Could you please elaborate on what do you mean by creating a private package ? Maybe, a bit of instructions on what/how to proceed? I don't want to take the risk of making your package public. thank you Paulo

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
suggestion

Excel