KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Datatable (Datagrid) too slow when loading too many of records #2250

Open Chris Sideris opened this topic on on Aug 8, 2021 - 3 comments

Chris Sideris commented on Aug 8, 2021

Hi Koolreport,

I am using Datagrid's Datatable to load thousands of records (say 10,000 at least) via client side rendering and the process becomes too slow which in turn freezes the whole page and takes more than 5 minutes to render the datatable and sometimes not render it at all. I have also disabled the fastRender but still no difference. I don't want to use server side rendering because when I try to export the report it does not export all the records but only current page's records.

Is there a way to optimize the performance of client side rendering?

Sebastian Morales commented on Aug 9, 2021

Pls try the "fastRender" property for efficient client rendering:

https://www.koolreport.com/docs/datagrid/datatables/#fastrender-(version-%3E=-5.0.0)

Chris Sideris commented on Aug 9, 2021

@Sebastian Morales fastrender has no impact on the performance at all.

Sebastian Morales commented on Aug 10, 2021

"fastRender" would help with client side rendering but not server side data loading or network transferring. And that's only the case if it is used together with paging. If you don't use paging then "fastRender" is the same as normal rendering.

You can still use server side processing for your web view while exporting all data in exporting. In your report setup check for your post/get export button value. If it's true you query all data and pipe it into an "allData" datastore to be used in your export view. Rgds,

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

DataGrid