KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Why i did not want to buy! #2211

Open Murugappan Ramanathan opened this topic on on Jul 17, 2021 - 6 comments

Murugappan Ramanathan commented on Jul 17, 2021

I am very excited to purchase but decided to dump due to the support provided. I want to incorporate koolreport in CI3 and CI4 but failed all the time. Reason being the documentation for such installation is does not exist. I tried all the scattered help and none worked. Unless Koolreport provides a full step by step instructions how to integrate Koolreport and the dashboard, i am not willing to believe the following claim being made or buy the product:

(1) Built-in authentication
(2) Allow authorization from application to data field
(3) Work with MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, SQLite
(4) Support data from CSV, Excel files
(5) Support Data Caching at widget level
(6) Support multi-languages
(7) Support Multi-themes
(8) Beautiful single page application
(9) Support lazy loading for widgets
(10) Flexible three levels organized menus

### (11) Work with other frameworks like Laravel, CodeIgniter, Yii2, Symfony

KoolReport commented on Jul 17, 2021

Hi Murugappan,

We are sorry if KoolReport makes you feel frustrated in installation.

We have a tutorial of How to integrate KoolReport into CodeIgniter that may help. Note: please change the path of koolreport from old one "koolphp/koolreport/autoload.php" to "koolreport/core/autoload.php"

There are few things that applied to all integration of KoolReport inside any MVC frameworks:

1. If you are installed with composer, make sure that "vendor/autoload.php" is loaded so that KoolReport is loaded.
  2. If you are not using composer, require the "koolreport/core/autoload.php" file.
  3. Put the report initiation code inside action of controller, run the report and send the report object to the view.
  4. In the view, we use render() to render the report section.
  5. Make the "assets" settings so that resources of KoolReport can be published at MVC assets folder , check here

In near future, we will release a series of videos to guide all aspect of framework. I think it will be more intuitive than reading documentation. We are responsible to all the claims above claims of our product.

Best regards,

Hi, There you go again. The link you have given me says: "Copy the koolreport folder into codeigniter/application/libraries folder". But, This link " https://www.koolreport.com/docs/codeigniter/overview/ " says: "Copy the folder codeigniter into koolreport folder so that look like below". I think you need to create a complete new document that details. The installation to implementation, step by step using an example. I am definite not buying an enterprise license unless Koolreport shows me a working documentation and example. I want tio be able to downloaded working version (including CI3) so that i would be able to follow through an understand.

So sorry, I have to ask you this as your documentation that you gave me here is way outdated and conflicting other documentation in the same.

KoolReport commented on Jul 17, 2021

Let me explain abit

Copy the koolreport folder into codeigniter/application/libraries folder

meaning copy the whole "koolreport" folder (containing "koolreport/core" "koolreport/codeigniter") into libraries folder of CodeIgniter.

While in the link of our codeigniter documention:

Copy the folder codeigniter into koolreport folder so that look like below

we mean to install the package "codeigniter" into koolreport. Please don't confuse between CodeIgniter framework and "codeigniter" package of KoolReport. The "codeigniter" package of KoolReport is installed inside koolreport folder to facilitate KoolReport inside CodeIngiter environment.

So they are not conflicted actually.

I will instruct dev.team to create an github repository of CodeIgniter and koolreport sample. May be it would be easier.

Hi,

Thank you for the update. "I will instruct dev.team to create an github repository of CodeIgniter and koolreport sample. May be it would be easier." Should have been done earlier with the documentation.

Please ensure that instance of codeigniter has been tested. Please advise me once that is done. Thank you once again.

KoolReport commented on Jul 23, 2021

The dev.team has created a repo CodeIgniter4-example to demo koolreport inside codeigniter environment. Hope that helps.

Murugappan Ramanathan commented on Jul 24, 2021

Hi, Thank you. I expected something in CI3 but they did it CI4 which is not stable yet. Anyway let me see how i can work with that.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
None yet

None