KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Clarification on pro license #1983

Open bernar opened this topic on on Mar 20, 2021 - 9 comments

bernar commented on Mar 20, 2021

Is there any problem if I will not renew the license for developer pro after one year? can we still continue to use our dashboard?

KoolReport commented on Mar 20, 2021

You still are able to use what you have built but you should not create new reports. The best way is you purchase Perpetual Usage add-on. It allows you to use KoolReport Pro forever and keep the latest version (within your subscription) so you can download at anytime.

Note: Perpetual Usage does not cover the support and upgrade.

Sorin Haulica commented on Apr 14, 2021

So stupid. I had to buy 2 perpetual licence year by year. I've used no so often and when I need to use it again I need to pay another year ? Who was the stupid guy who invented this. Make it possible to use lower version for what we've payed. It seems more logic. Maybe who invented this is no programmer at all (it is a politician maybe?).

KoolReport commented on Apr 14, 2021

No, the perpetual usage is just one-time payment and it covers both KoolReport Pro and Dashboard Framework if you own. So if you have owned the perpetual usage once, you can download the latest version within your subscription period at anytime in the future and have the full right to use. Furthermore, in case that you need to upgrade, you can renew subscription with price of 50% original price and have another full year of upgrade and support.

Sorin Haulica commented on Apr 15, 2021

OK. That's make sense for latest version. Why I can't download a previous version included in the last subscription period. I give you an example: for some reason I missed to save the last package within subscription period. It doesn't make sense. I do not need your last version but I need the last included in my subscription. I think many other clients are feeling the same with me. Don't you guys ?

KoolReport commented on Apr 15, 2021

It is because of our license agreement that after the subscription ended, (if you don't have Perpetual Usage) you should not continue using koolreport to create new report so it does not make sense to download anymore (even you can download you are not allowed to use legally). Still, there is chance that you don't create new report, and just want to upgrade the framework to latest version (within subscription time) so that your old created reports run better. We agree! If you are in this case, please email to us at support@koolreport.com, we are happy to send you the latest version. We always appreciate our customers, serving you is our pleasure!

I that case I will try to find other solutions. Your licence system is stupid, no offence. I bought a license in order to work legal and you force clients to pay subscription even if they need to update or create a new report. I never heard or used licences like you have before. If I had known before ...

Actually we want to save cost for our customers and give the most flexibility to them. The KoolReport Pro + Perpetual Usage is exactly what you need. However if we bundle them, we will raise the cost to anyone who does not need perpetual. They prefer discount renewal to have support and upgrade together. So that why we break them into options so customer can customize and pay exactly what they need, resulting in saving cost. Hope that you understand we try to do the best to make everyone happy.

In your case, one of solutions is to purchase Perpetual Usage. Please email to us, we will send you the link to purchase. It is $99 only and you can immediately download the latest version within your previous subscription and legally use forever.

No thanks.I'll pass.

Please accept our apology that we may create confusion while proving license information. I will talk to my manager about this issue so that this never happens again. We thank you very much for being our customer and do hope that we have chance to serve you again in the future.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
None yet

None