KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Query Loading #1052

Open rodger_kz opened this topic on on Aug 22, 2019 - 6 comments

rodger_kz commented on Aug 22, 2019

Hello, is there a way that I could show Sql query loading by percentage in Kool Reports?

Eugene commented on Aug 22, 2019

Hi, maybe this topic can help you

I already have an indeterminate progress bar in place I was wordering if there is a way of adding a determinate progress bar that shows loading percentage based on the sql query load...check the example below

Eugene commented on Aug 22, 2019

What do you mean under the "sql query load". As I understand you cannot know how many rows you will get as a result of the query - 2 or 100... so if you already get 1 (if it were possible to check it) you cannot say is it 1% or 50%...

OK I get your view point...so it seems its not possible..cause I had a problem with loading a lot of records and some how I thought it could be possible to get a loading percentage by using an sql record count command and the number of rendered table rows in the php page

Eugene commented on Aug 23, 2019

Based on my experience if your query generates a lot of rows it is better to split your query, use filters, limit the output, etc because in 99% cases your users don't need all data the same time. Or you can try to use cache package.

rodger_kz commented on Aug 23, 2019

OK thanks I will try that out..

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None